We are pleased to announce the latest release of veraPDF. Version 0.14 features Transparency and Unicode character map validation in PDF/A-2 levels B and U. Other highlights include:
- added all transparency-related validation rules in PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3
- added full Level U support in PDF/A-2 and PDF/A-3
- code refactoring to synchronize GUI, API and CLI interfaces
- PDF/A-1B fix: check both Tiling patterns used as different fill and stroke colour spaces in the same painting operations
- added initial versions of PDF/A-2U, PDF/A-2A, PDF/A-3U, PDF/A-3A validation profiles. We now have initial validation for all PDF/A flavours.
- added a further 65 atomic test files for PDF/A-2 specific requirements
- a demo of the REST interface is available at http://demo.verapdf.org
Download veraPDF 0.14:
This is the first release of the final design phase which began on 19 April following the PREFORMA Project EC review at their Open Source Workshop.
veraPDF is building an industry-supported, open source PDF/A validator. The project benefits from a high level of development resource and PDF/A expertise. Please support our efforts by downloading and testing the software. If you encounter problems, or wish to suggest improvements, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker. You can expect a speedy response. Your feedback is very important, it helps to improve the software.
Keep up to date with the latest developments of veraPDF by subscribing to the veraPDF consortium’s newsletter.