The latest version of veraPDF is now available to download. This is the final version before our version 1.0 release on January 9th 2017 making it an effective release candidate. New features include the schematron based policy checker and a fully functional greenfield implementation. For the upcoming version 1.0 we’ll be:
- performing software fixes in response to issues raised on GitHub: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues;
- reviewing the API and adding JavaDoc for remaining public methods;
- improving our documentation; and
- making changes to our test and build systems.
The full list of changes listed in the release notes is:
- schematron based policy checker implementation:
- example policy schemas on GitHub: https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-policy-docs/tree/master/Schemas; and
- policy functionality available in CLI and GUI;
- greenfield implementation of feature extraction;
- greenfield implementation of metadata fixer;
- GUI now supports checking multiple files or a directory;
- HTML summary report for multiple file results;
- single file detailed report containing policy and feature information; and
- stability improvements and performance optimization of the greenfield parser.
- fixed glyph width checks in case of exactly 1/1000 point difference;
- fixed default color space processing for Indexed color spaces;
- fixed Order array support for OCG checks in PDF/A-2; and
- fixed Unicode character maps support for PDF/A-1 Level A.
Download veraPDF 0.28:
PDFBox version: http://downloads.verapdf.org/rel/verapdf-installer.zip
Greenfield version: http://downloads.verapdf.org/gf/verapdf-gf-installer.zip
veraPDF is building an open source, industry-supported PDF/A validator. Please help us improve the software by downloading and testing it. If you encounter problems, or wish to suggest improvements, please add them to the project’s GitHub issue tracker https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-library/issues, or contact us through our mailing list (http://lists.verapdf.org/listinfo/users).