The Open Preservation Foundation is pleased to announce that the full veraPDF 1.24 release is out now! veraPDF is an open-source, industry-supported PDF/A validator and part of the OPF reference toolset.
This release is made up of enhancements, technical maintenance and bug fixes:
- Added support for the processing of PDFs within zip archives.
- The GUI now has a cancel button to allow the user to halt processing.
- The new –progress parameter enables command line progress reporting.
- A new –config parameter allows users to pass their own configuration files, plus various bug fixes around configuration handling.
- Support for Jakarta and Spring Boot 3 for Java 11+.
- Support for JSON feature reporting.
- Support for PDF 2.0 namespace and standard structure elements with additional PDF parsing bug fixes.
- Fixes of unhandled exceptions in malicious PDFs.
- Assorted minor bug fixes.
To learn more about the new fixes and features, read the release notes.